The HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction online training is designed to help familiarize onsite managers and supervisors within the construction industry who work in hazardous waste operations and emergency response activities. Participants can expect to learn tips for hazard recognition, evaluation, and control. Additionally, the course provides field safety and response techniques for emergency actions through case studies.
NOTICE: This primary reference for this course is the OSHA HAZWOPER Standard 29 CFR 1910.120.
HAZWOPER Supervisor for Construction online course covers applicable regulatory agencies, legal considerations, and both safety and health programs. Additionally, participants of the course can expect to learn tips for hazard recognition, evaluation, and control through the use of case studies and more. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction to HAZWOPER for supervisors
- Focus review
- Basics of safety and health leadership
- Hazard recognition, evaluation, and control on the worksite
- Physical hazards
- Chemical, biological, and ergonomic hazards
- Basic overview of hazardous substance emergency response
- Accident investigation
- Applicable case studies
Specific industry terms discussed throughout the duration of the course include the following:
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)