Mold Remediation Contractor course is a 3 day course that is requried for contractors who perform mold remediation work. New York State regulations require contractors who operate a company that performs mold remediation services or write/approve mold remediation work plans to have a mold remediation contractor license from an accredited training program. Upon successful completion of the course, student will have to submit application to New York State Department of Labor Licensing unit to obtain a license.
- Introduction to health effects
- Workplace hazards – PPE, Respirators, Asbestos, Confined Spaces, etc.
- Overview of regulations
- Work Practices, documentation and forms
- Clearance testing and procedures
- Basics of HVAC systems, inspection and assessment of HVAC
- Mold remediation plans
- Enginering controls