Mold Assessor is a 4 day course required for professionals who will perform mold assessement and will design and write remediation plans for mold abatement. New York State regulations require any individual performing mold assessment to attend an accredited mold assessor training program. Upon successful completion of the course, student will have to submit an application to New York State Department of Labor Licensing unit to obtain a license.
- Introduciton to health effects
- Workplace hazards – PPE, Respirators, Asbestos, Confined spaces, etc.
- Overiew of Regulations
- Visual inspections
- Measurement equipment
- Biological sampling strategies
- Work practices, documention and forms
- Clearance testing and procedures
- Basics of HVAC systems
- Interpreting sampling results / survey protocol
- Writing mold remediation plans
- Post remediation clearance testing