Training for employees performing Class IV operations shall be consistent with EPA requirements for training of local eduation agency maintenance and custodial staff (custodians, electricians, heating/air conditioning engineers, plumbers etc) as set forth at 40 CFR 763.92 (a)(1). The staff who may work in a building that contains ACBM receive awareness training of atleast 2 hours, whether or not they are required to work with ACBM. Such a course shall include available information concerning the locations of thermal system insulation and surfacing ACM/PACM, and asbestos-containing material where the absence of asbestos has not yet been confirmed.
- Information regarding asbestos and its various uses
- Information on health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- Location of ACBM identified through the building
- The purpose, proper use, fitting, of respirators
- Appropriate work practices
- Medical surveillance program