2 HOUR ASBESTOS AWARENESS – ONLINE LIVE WEBINAR
After registration, students will receive a information on signing onto the webinar via ZOOM. Please note access to a PC with webcam and audio will be necessary to attend the live webinar. Students will be required to show NY state ID (example: Drivers License) at the start of the Webinar.
Training for employees performing Class IV operations shall be consistent with EPA requirements for training of local eduation agency maintenance and custodial staff (custodians, electricians, heating/air conditioning engineers, plumbers etc) as set forth at 40 CFR 763.92 (a)(1). The staff who may work in a building that contains ACBM receive awareness training of atleast 2 hours, whether or not they are required to work with ACBM. Such a course shall include available information concerning the locations of thermal system insulation and surfacing ACM/PACM, and asbestos-containing material where the absence of asbestos has not yet been confirmed.
- Information regarding asbestos and its various uses
- Information on health effects associated with asbestos exposure
- Location of ACBM identified through the building
- The purpose, proper use, fitting, of respirators
- Appropriate work practices
- Medical surveillance program
LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR